Guidelines For Guest Bloggers
Guidelines For Guest Bloggers
Thank you for your interest in becoming a guest contributor on Manly Training. The next step would be for you to review the Manly Training standard blogger guidelines and terms of agreement. All I need from you is an email response stating: “I agree to the terms and guidelines.” After I receive your response, I will be glad to receive your submissions and start working on them. I have attached an email form at the end of this post for you to do so.
Becoming a Guest Contributor
- You own your content. You are just giving us permission to use it and publish it.
- If you decide to contribute, I will also need a short bio from you (about 2-3 sentences). Be sure to include your website or wherever you would like the link to direct. A photo is also helpful, but not essential, to accompany your bio.
- The only changes we make to blogs are for context – for example, I may need to change anything rooting the blog in a certain date. If it happened “a week ago” for instance, we’d have to change it to “a short while ago” or such. If there are any references to people that our audience may not be familiar with, that might need to change as well. For instance, “Beth” might have to be changed to “my sister.” Occasionally titles need to be changed too for maximum click ability. But we will maintain the integrity of the articles.
- Your article must be at least 900 words long.
This year is especially exciting. We will be featured on a new website that MGM Lightworks is launching in September. MGM has a following of about 22 million people. I expect to see quite a bit of traffic coming our way from this partnership. Currently, Manly Training reaches a large audience all over the world. 91% of my audience is in the USA of which 68% is on the east coast.
Manly Training Manifesto :
Manly Training exists to bring men to Jesus and to celebrate God’s design for men. When men are aligned with God’s design, their families are blessed. We believe that God’s word is truth. The Bible is like a flashlight that provides clarity in every area where it shines it’s light. It tells the truth about God, the truth about humanity and the truth about our redemption in Jesus Christ. Therefore, we believe the Bible is our guide. It is like a Compass providing direction for our spiritual journey to become godly men as we navigate the roads of life.
From fatherhood to families, leadership to relationships, adoption to abortion, we seek to engage and invite a passionate community of men and women who are affecting real change worldwide.
Blogger Terms and Guidelines (As of 1.3.17)
Please read the information below before submitting any blog posts or other content to Manly Training. By submitting blog posts and any other content, including your bio, (collectively “Content”) for consideration for publication on the manlytraining.com website or on any other site owned or operated by Manly Training, you agree that the terms set out below, which may be updated from time to time, apply to any and all Content that you submit to us, including your initial blog posts and any subsequent blog posts. They have the same effect as an agreement in writing. If you do not agree to any of these terms, please don’t submit any content. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, you and Manly Training agree as follows:
HOW IT WORKS
• You are independent. By submitting Content to us, you are an independent contractor, not an employee of Manly Training. You agree that you are not entitled to and don’t expect any compensation in connection with the Content that you submit, and you agree not to claim any of the rights, privileges, or benefits of an employee of Manly Training or any related company. You also agree that by submitting Content to Manly Training, you are not eligible for any employee benefit plans or programs. You must obtain and pay for your own computer, Internet access, third-party clearances and licenses and any other resources needed to create and submit your Content to Manly Training. You cannot hold yourself out as our agent or representative or attempt to bind us to any obligations.
• What do I get out of this? Manlytraining.com provides a platform with a large, geographically diverse audience to share views, opinions, and ideas. Through your Content, you may mention and promote any of your other works, such as books or seminars, and use your Content to build a fanbase and following within the Manly Training community for yourself. You may also promote your own social accounts, such as your Twitter or Facebook feeds, through your Content. You acknowledge, however, that Manly Training is not under any obligation to publish or use in any way any of the Content you provide.
• Submit Content if and when you want; you are in charge. You agree that you are not under the direction or control of Manly Training and have complete control over the manner and means by which you submit Content. You can stop submitting Content at any time. If you decide to submit, you decide when, where and how often you write and submit Content.
• No association. You agree not to identify yourself as a representative of Manly Training, including while attending or covering events.
• Confidential information. You agree not to disclose any confidential information in your Content that you submit.
• Submit proper Content. You represent to Manly Training that any and all Content you submit:
(1) is either your original content or is properly licensed content that you have the express right and permission to submit to us for potential publication, and in which case you agree to include proper attribution to the owner/rights holder in your Content and provide written evidence of such permissions to us if we request (as requested and within the timeframe requested),
(2) does not infringe, misappropriate, or violate any law, rule, or regulation or the intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity (or encourage anyone else to do so),
(3) is true, unless clearly marked within the Content that it is fiction, and is not objectionable, inaccurate, or inflammatory;
(4) is not obscene, defamatory, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, rude, abusive, or racially or ethnically offensive,
(5) is not an advertisement or solicitation of business or contributions;
(6) is not otherwise against the interests of Manly Training or our users as a whole;
(7) does not adversely impact our or reputation or image or create an impression or communicate or imply messages inconsistent with which we want to associate (all as determined in our sole discretion); and
(8) unless otherwise specified to you in writing by us, has not been previously published elsewhere and will not be published elsewhere for a period of 24 hours. from the time you submit it to us.
In addition, blog posts you submit should be 800 to 1000 words, and not exceed approximately 1400 words. We have the right (but not the obligation) to remove any or all of your Content that fails to comply with these terms, or for any other reason or for no reason, without notice to you.
• Link to sources. If you reference a fact, data, research, or other information that is not public knowledge, you agree to hyperlink to a reliable, verified source of that information.
Make proper disclosures. You agree to at all times comply with our Endorsement Disclosure Guidelines for Third Parties, as well at the FTC’s Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising and related FAQs, all of which are incorporated into these terms by reference. Without limiting anything in those guidelines or elsewhere in these terms, you agree to disclose any financial conflicts of interest related to the issue you are writing about. If you receive payment or anything of value from a company, organization, group, or individual related to the issue you are weighing in on, that information should be disclosed directly in your Content, as more fully addressed in the FTC’s Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising and related FAQs. You also agree not to submit Content that include links that are paid for in whole or in part by marketing firms or any other third party.Company marks. You may reference Manly Training by using its name, trademark, and logo in your Content, but such permission is granted only subject to your compliance with these terms and may be revoked by Manly Training at any time without notice. Do not create or imply any improper association between Manly Training and you or any other individual, any entity, or anyone else or their products or services. You agree to use proper designations of ownership in connection with any intellectual property that does not belong to you. Correct your errors. If you discover that your Content contains a factual error, you must contact the Manly Training editorial team at firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours.
• No guarantees. The Manly Training platform provides a forum for your ideas and expression, but is made available to you “as is” without guarantee of any results based upon the publication of your Content, if any, is subject to changes, and could temporarily or permanently be suspended without notice to you. It is made available without guarantee that it will operate free of errors, viruses, bugs or service breakdowns. We do not guarantee that your participation will fulfill any requirements you expect from the program.
• You own your Content, but we can use it. Subject to the restrictions above, you own the Content you submit and you can post it anywhere else you wish, as long as doing so would not adversely impact our reputation or image or create an impression or communicate or imply messages inconsistent with which we want to associate (all as determined in our sole discretion). By submitting Content (which includes, without limitation, text, videos, photographs, audio materials, and your name, likeness, portrait, biographical information, trademarks, logos, persona, and identifying features) to Manly Training, you grant Manly Training a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable, irrevocable, perpetual, and absolute license, right, and permission to exercise all rights (including, without limitation, under copyright law, right of publicity, or otherwise) with respect to such Content, in whole or in part, which Manly Training may exercise in any manner, medium, and mode of delivery (whether now existing or hereafter devised), including online and in digital media, in any language, including, without limitation on our websites and other properties and those of our affiliates and business partners, as well as for marketing and promotional purposes without further review, notice, approval, consideration, or compensation.
• We may be required to provide information about you. You agree that if Manly Training is legally required to disclose information that we have about you (including your IP address and location, name and user name), we may do so, without notice to you.
• Complaints and Inquiries/Indemnification. If you violate any of these terms or we receive an inquiry or complaint about your Content, you agree that you are solely responsible, and you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Manly Training, its parents, affiliates, and all other related entities, and their respective employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents from and against any and all actual, alleged, or threatened losses, damages, law suits, liabilities, judgments, settlements, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and other legal expenses) arising out of or related to any third party claim, demand, suit, action, or proceeding (each, a “Claim”) arising out of or relating to your breach or alleged breach of your representations, warranties, or obligations under these terms.
• Authority/Entire Agreement. You represent that you have the right, power, and authority to agree to these terms and to grant the rights granted within them without violating the legal or equitable rights of any third party or any agreement to which you are a party. These terms, including the documents they incorporate by reference, constitute the entire agreement between you and Manly Training regarding the subjects covered. No other agreements, understandings, promises, or representations are part of the agreement between you and Manly Training.
Now that you have read the terms and guidelines, here is the email form for you to send me your agreement. All I need is a response stating: “I agree to the terms and guidelines.” After I receive your response, I will be glad to receive your submissions and start working on them.