Today marks 45 years of legalized abortion in all fifty states at any time for any reason throughout pregnancy on January 22nd, the anniversary of the Roe vs Wade Supreme Court decision.
Roe vs Wade
Roe vs Wade is the Supreme Court decision, along with its companion case Doe v. Bolton, that legalized ending a pre-born baby’s life—for any reason, at any stage of development. For the past 45 years, Roe vs Wade has been the “law of the land”… as some of our congressmen have stated many times during recent hearings investigating Planned Parenthood.
The court’s decision has seemed impenetrable and unbreakable—until now. Several pro-life legal challenges are currently before the nation’s highest court.
One such challenge came from the state of South Dakota. Though it received little attention when filed at the Supreme Court, it makes the case against Roe vs Wade with concise and compelling logic. The South Dakota resolution lists seven “assumed facts” of the majority decision in Roe vs Wade, that have been disproven by evidence from social science, medicine and law. Here are the seven facts that will (with God’s blessing) overturn Legalized abortion in America.
When does life begin?
1. Roe vs Wade assumed that it was not possible to determine “when life began”, that the “product or tissue mass” or as we know it, the child is not a distinct person. Today, the scientific view is that life begins at conception. As to legal rights, the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals (in the 2008 opinion Planned Parenthood v. Rounds) recognized the life in the womb as a “whole, separate, unique, living human being.” Abortion therefore is the premeditated murder of a human life.
2. Next, Row vs Wade assumed getting an abortion is merely a mother’s medical decision. However, the reality is that it is “primarily a social question about her personal circumstances” and this echoes many women’s stories. Being pregnant is not an illness that requires a medical decision.
Let’s get to Know Each Other
3. The high court also assumed: surely the woman and abortion provider would have a normal and healthy doctor-patient relationship? Yet decades of experience with dehumanizing abortion practices reveal that no such relationship exists between abortionists and their clients.
Do You Know What You Are Doing?
4. The fourth assumed fact is that abortion consent would be informed and voluntary. While some states mandate abortion centers disclose all of the risks of the procedure, informed consent has been the exception rather than the rule. The directors of one anti-trafficking ministry note that abortion and violence against pregnant women are linked, a trend also reflected in other nations’ coercive forced-abortion policies.
It’s Hard to Be a Mother. Duh!
5. In Roe vs Wade, the court emphasized that motherhood was stressful and a burden. Whether a parent through one’s own pregnancy, adoption or foster care, no one can deny parenting involves sacrifice. Yet the court failed to take into account the loss and emotional wounding following an abortion, which research shows many women struggle with for decades. Further, because every state has enacted Safe Haven laws, the long-term costs and sacrifices of parenting can be alleviated through adoption.
You Have Potential
6. The sixth assumed fact is that a mother carried mere “potential.” However, medical science recognizes how a mother bonds with her child still in the womb, as noted by the world’s leading source of health care information.
Abortion is Safe, Not!
7. Finally, Roe vs Wade assumed that abortion is a safe process. Four decades later, reams of medical evidence show that abortion carries both immediate and long-term health risks for women—including increased risk of suicidal thoughts and mental health issues.
Where this Supreme Court decision has brought our nation should break our hearts—resulting in the loss of more than 58 million innocent, defenseless lives.
It does mine. And it gives me continual resolve to advocate, pray and speak out for this unjust case to be overturned.
Tell us what you think about Legalized Abortion. Would you vote in favor of overturning Row vs Wade? How has your life been affected by abortion? Lets start a discussion.
Help Manly Training!
Truth time: Manly Training Ministries is a full time job – on top of my Area Manager Job and being a husband and a Father! I easily put 30+ hours a week into creating the content for Manly Training– whether it’s dreaming up posts, creating art images, responding to emails and comments, and managing my social media feeds.
There are two ways to help me do this!
2) by joining me over at Patreon!
Patreon allows you to pledge as little as $1 a month, and in return you’ll get some pretty cool rewards, ranging from your name and blog on my MTM VIP page, exclusive content, and PODCAST VERSIONS of my posts!
MTM Won’t Change, I Promise.
But don’t worry! MTM is still going to be EXACTLY what it is now — New Posts every Tuesday and new Podcasts every Monday. Patreon perks are simply that: extra perks!
I have big plans for Manly Training– including a book AND a YouTube channel.
Your pledge will help me continue to put the considerable time and effort into each and every post that makes Manly Training what it is.
So thank you from the bottom of my heart. I pray every day for each and every one of you who take the time to read my words. You are a blessing.
STAY CONNECTED BY EMAIL. CLICK HERE
© 2017 MANLY TRAINING