A Manly Tribute to Moms (pt 3) – The Privilege of Being A Wife and Mother
The Privilege of Being A Wife and Mother
As a woman, many of you have or will have the privilege of being a wife and mother.
As a wife, you are both a companion and partner. God said, “I will make a helper suitable for man.” The best way a wife can be a partner is to align herself with God’s Word.
1. “Wives submit to your husband’s leadership.’’ Eph. 5:21-33 Respect your husband, cooperate let him know. “I’m with you whatever happens. You are number one next to God in my life. You are important to me.”
2. Fit into your husband’s plans and goals. (I Peter 1:1-7) Constantly work on developing your inner beauty.
3. Love your husband-there are so many ways you say I love you…clothes washed, ironed, and meals cooked. Titus 2:3-5
4. Encourage your husband to be the leader in your home. In some cases the wife has to be the spiritual leader because the husband is too proud to humble himself in the presence of the Lord. It is not God’s plan for the wife to be dominant.
There are all kinds of lines about dominant wives and henpecked husbands.
• “When she wants his opinion, she gives it to him.”01
• “The only time he opens his mouth is to ask for the apron and iron.”
• She snaps, “Are you a man or a mouse, squeak up.”
Most husbands want a tender loving wife and not a snorting wrestler.
Do you know how a female rhino selects her male rhino? She is nearsighted, so when she sees her potential lover, she flirts, backs up. Then charges him at thirty miles an hour, hitting him broadside and knocking him to the ground. Then she proceeds to gouge and step on him. While he is literally bleeding and bruised he gets the message….”She really loves me.”
There are few men who want a drill sergeant for a wife. Every home needs a leader and God has ordained men to give spiritual leadership.
The scripture says, “Wives submit to your husband’s leadership.” What does that mean? Biblical submission means submission from the motivation of love not fear. Submission is always on a voluntary basis. It does not mean becoming a doormat. The wife does not sellout her rights. She is not a servant.
Submission is prompted by love.
Norman Wright, a marriage counselor, says: “A wife is under no obligation to obey her husband in areas over which he has no authority. If he asks her to do something that is morally, ethically, or Scripturally wrong, he has exceeded his authority. If he tries to control her inner thoughts and ideas, her religious convictions, her inner-personal life, he again has exceeded his authority and she is not obligated.”
Harmony in marriage requires 100% effort by both partners. Make an effort to be an inspiration to each other and not a threat to each other.
–Go on an occasional date – just the two of you.
–Praise each other every day.
–Pray together –Christ is the answer.
Please HELP make Manly Training available to everyone. A revival is on the horizon and it will start with the men! Will you please make a tax free donation to the ministry in order to help keep this vital organization alive and blessing families? Just click on the button below to give a donation.
STAY CONNECTED BY EMAIL. CLICK HERE
© 2017 MANLY TRAINING
I would be very grateful if you shared this article and website on your Twitter, Facebook, or other social media. You can also follow MANLY TRAINING on:
Some good reads:
I urge you to get involved. What do you think? I’m interested in your opinion.