America’s Craziness in 2017
The United States of America is a strange country. If you don’t believe me, read this article. Here is some of America’s craziness. “Only in America.”
1- Only in America can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.
2- Only in America are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.
3- Only in America do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions, while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
4- Only in America do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries and a DIET coke.
5- Only in America do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our junk in the garage. Hello.
6- Only in America do we use answering machines to screen calls and have call waiting so we won’t miss a call from someone we didn’t want to talk to in the first place.
7- Only in America do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.
Here is some of the sadness of America. It’s written by George Carlin and entitled “Paradox of Our Time.”
- The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider freeways, but narrower viewpoints.
- We spend more, but have less. We buy more, but enjoy less.
- We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time.
- We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.
- We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.
- We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values.
- We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.
- We’ve learned how to make a living, but not a life. We’ve added years to life not life to years!
- We’ve been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor.
- We’ve done larger things, but not better things.
- We’ve cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul.
– We’ve conquered the atom, but not our prejudice.
- We write more, but learn less.
- We plan more, but accomplish less.
- We’ve learned to rush, but not to wait.
- We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.
Even though there are a lot of negative things about America I still believe that America is the greatest country in the world. We are blessed to live in America. I recently told my readers that the fact that the people in America are free to dig a hole for themselves speaks volumes on the freedom e take for granted on a daily basis.
I was talking to a friend a church last Sunday, my friend Martin Fessler, and he told me these words: “We keep asking God to bless America. He already has. Now it’s our turn.”
It is our turn to bless America. It is our turn to do something good for America. God has and still is blessing America. But we need to do our part to bless America!
We can do many good things. We can:
- be good citizens,
- be patriotic,
- salute the flag,
- sing the national anthem,
- show courtesy to all people and especially, the elderly,
- obey the laws,
- pay our taxes,
- respect the law and its leaders, and
- please don’t park in handicap parking places when you’re not handicapped!
But somehow, that doesn’t seem to be enough. Just doing the right thing helps a lot, especially when it comes to being a light in this world. The apostle Paul gives us some specific things we can do to bless America. I Timothy 2:1-4 tell us how:
1- We must pray unceasingly (1-2)
2- We must live righteously (2)
3- We must evangelize fervently (3-4)
On January 20, 2017, we will celebrate a new day in America as Donald J. Trump and Michael R. Pence are sworn in as President and Vice President of the United States of America at the 58th Presidential Inauguration, once again establishing a government of, by and for the people, as we, the people, Make America Great Again!
Leading up to this historical event, Manly Training will post a daily blog that outlines how it is that we, the people can make America Great Again.
Would you please share this page with your friends and family? God Bless You!
STAY CONNECTED BY EMAIL. CLICK HERE
© 2017 MANLY TRAINING
I would be very grateful if you shared this article and website on your Twitter, Facebook, or other social media. You can also follow MANLY TRAINING on:
More Manly Training posts you may like: